The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.
Find out what Cookies are and how we use them on this site in the guide to cookies below.
If you'd like to disable cookies on this device, please view the section below on how to manage cookies. Please be aware that parts of the site will not function correctly if you disable cookies.
Guide to Cookies
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit. There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they might remember your username and preferences or help us analyse how well our website is performing.
The cookies we use fall into two main categories
1. Performance Cookies
We utilise cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.
We use web analytics tools to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc. However, this analytics data is not tied to personally identifiable information.
2. Functionality Cookies
We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your settings and preferences. These might be of a technical nature such as maintaining a browsing session or may be present to enhance your browsing experience. If cookies are disabled, you may find that some features of this website that rely on functional cookies will not work.
Can you block cookies?
Cookies help you to get the most out of our website. However, if you do wish to disable our cookies then please follow the instructions in thehow to manage cookies section below.
Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly
How to Manage Cookies
As we explained above cookies help you to get the most out of our websites.
If you do disable our cookies you may find that certain sections of our website do not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or viewing articles.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser
• Click on the ‘wrench’ icon on the browser (usually found top-right corner) to open the tools menu
• From the tools menu select ‘Options’
• Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab from the menu on the left.
• In the ‘Privacy’ section, select the ‘Content settings’ button
• To enable cookies: select ‘Allow local data to be set’ option
• To disable cookies: select ‘Block all cookies’ option
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google:http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
• Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options'
• In the options window navigate to the 'Privacy' tab
• To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
• To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
• Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
• Select the Privacy panel
• To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
• To disable cookies: Uncheck at ‘Accept cookies for sites’
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla:http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
• Click on 'Setting’ at the browser menu and select 'Settings'
• Select ‘Quick Preferences’
• To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
• To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software:http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Safari on OSX
• Click on 'Safari' at the menu bar and select the 'Preferences' option
• Click on 'Security'
• To enable cookies: In the 'Accept cookies' section select 'Only from site you navigate to'
• To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
All other browsers
• Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.