SEMPER Scotland currently delivers the following services:
- Provide confidential information, advice and support to minority ethnic police officers and police staff on issues affecting them.
- Act as advisory body to the Scottish Police Authority (SPA), The Police Service of Scotland (Police Scotland) and the Scottish Government on issues of race equality and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Recommend, review and support the development of policies and procedures to enhance the recruitment, retention and development of minority ethnic employees.
- Mediate in formal and informal complaints/disciplinary matters involving minority ethnic police officers and police staff.
- Assist in recruitment initiatives to promote the policing as a career of first choice and the police service as employers who are committed to diversity and social justice.
- Assist minority ethnic recruits and colleagues in adjusting to the culture of policing.
- Work with young men and women from minority ethnic communities to fully participate in the socio-political process, and support the strengthening of relations between them and the police services.